martes, 10 de noviembre de 2009

Lets talk about Shakespeare......

William Shakespeare, writer of the oh so known Romeo & Juliette, The Taming of the Shrew and so many others; Known for being one of the fathers of literature in all languages, he and his work has inspired so many novels, tales, poems, even movies ; he was an artist, the whole world knows him and his work. The language day is his and Miguel de Cervantes death date -Don´t you think is kind of a creepy causality that two of the greatest writters in all history died the exact same day?.

But for some reason I don´t like much his work, Romeo and Juliette and The Taming of the Shrew are two of the plays I hate the most -Don´t get me wrong, I said it before he was an artist and no one can denie that. So I´ll explain why I hate two of the most loved literature works of the world.

Romeo and Juliette, Romeo is kind of brainless -and Juliette too.

1) if you love the girl and she loves you back go tell your parents and thier feud with the other family to go to hell and marry.
2) Do not kill her cousin, it will just make the feud worst.
3) like you´re an idiot an you´ve killed her cousin you are exhiled, Don´t go away alone if you married her take her with you, outside of the twon nobody will care who you are and if you love her and she loves you back you shouldn´t care about what other people think anyways.
4) If your parents come and tell you you have to marry this guy you don´t really know (even though you already did it) nor really like, I repeat: tell them to go to hell you don´t want to marry him, instead of making this super complicated plan about making people believe that you´e dead.
5) Make sure the message is delivered clearly and that it was the message you wanted him to konw.


The Tamimg of the Srhew, Katherina is stupid and Petruchio an Idiot:

1) Katherine if you hate the freaking guy, don´t marry him and tell him and you father to go to hell.
2) if his tells you that is night even thoug is day and that that man is a woman, tell him his wrong, stand up for yousrself a little.
3) Do not marry for money.
4) Petruchio, dear ,get over it your wife has a mind of her own.

What do you think? Do you share my opinion or do you think that I´m heartless and a salvage?

Ps. I´m not trying to change your opinion about this two plays if you like them I have no problem with it and you shouldn´t let what I think change what you think. Free expresion and Free thinking is escencial.

1 comentario:

  1. hey Im romeo and I love J so it woudnt be entirely unreasonable to fake my own death just to marry a person that thinks her life isnt worth it without me. Now lets say that in poetic manner!!
    Hey Shakespeare does not realize somthing: some readers have logic and are not afraid of using it
    romeo and juliette is such a pink novel

    ResponderEliminar

So what do you think?